Thursday, October 7, 2010

Who wants to meet Mark Zuckerberg?

I watched the Social Network on Tuesday and I really liked it. I loved the script written by Aaron Sorkin and David Fincher did not disappoint as a director. I always wonder how many takes are needed for a certain scene.

The opening scene with Jesse Eisenberg is what all the reviewers are talking about and I have to agree that it was great. Jesse is not a super well know actor, but I hope he gets more recognition after this movie. He has played the nerdy, nice guy but in this movie he shows he has more depth and one can't help but feel for him and at the same time not like him.

Andrew Garfield was one find for me on this movie. I was impressed with his acting chops and now I am looking forward to seeing him play a young Spiderman. The rest of the cast was good too. Obviously, Justin Timberlake has been the one that has brought the most attention, and he did a good job; but I don't think he was Oscar worthy, as some people have stated. Good but not great. Jesse was great, to me.

Now, for the story of the movie. It's all about Facebook. Facebook, a site that has hooked me in. I joined facebook in 2007, during my maternity leave with Samantha. It really helped me pass the time and reconnect with old friends. So I cannot say bad things about it, except for the privacy issues but I don't post anything I will regret in the future.

The story told in the movie of its creation really intrigued me. The lawsuits on the other hand, were not impressive. I can see how Mark should have never stolen an idea or at least, bought them out from the beginning, instead of just irking people and not caring. It makes me wonder how he is in real life. Is he really that much of a cad? Is he really that insensitive? That antisocial? He is a whiz, though, and that cannot be denied.

After watching the movie, I wanted to learn more about the real story and what happened. It's funny watching the movie and knowing that it is based on a real story and the twins really did go on to row for the USA Olympic team in Beijing. Can you tell I liked it?

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if there is an autobiography or something to read. I loved it also and have been thinking a lot about it since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good, and I liked Andrew Garfield the best out of all of them.

    ReplyDelete